Certified as an expert in Criminal Trial Law since 2013.
I have tried 61 cases before a jury as lead attorney and almost always sole counsel. I have sat as secondary counsel on dozens more. I have also tried approximately 100 non-jury trials which includes juvenile delinquency cases and probation revocation hearings. The charges in those cases included first-degree murder, capital sexual battery, dealing in stolen property, theft, DUI, driving with a suspended license, and aggravated battery to name a few. I will be happy to discuss with you my experience in each and every one of those trials to see if what I learned in them can help you.
An Expert in Criminal Trial Law
- I am a Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney.
- That is the Florida's Bar's designation of an expert in a particular area. There are over 100,000 lawyers in the Florida Bar and only one-half of 1% are board certified experts in criminal trial law.
- It is a certification one has to earn through actually taking a substantial number of cases to trial, dedicating at least 1/3 of your practice to the area, passing an arduous written examination and receiving endorsements from other attorneys, prosecutors and judges.
- It is not one of those groups that lawyers join such as "Best Lawyer in XYZ" or "Top XX Lawyers under 50" whose only requirement is to pay fee. Board certification from the Florida Bar is earned.
- If you need to hire a lawyer, make sure they are a board certified expert according to the Florida Bar in the area that you need.